Monday, January 14, 2008

Es Mucho Frio

i.e., its v.very cold!

Just another quick one here, back from trekking areas of the Andies along the Argentina/Chile boarder, now that was an experience and a half!
Just fantastic, we left El Calafate after viewing allot of glaciers, including Puerto Moreno Glacier - an amazing experience i must say. We went to a wee remote village called El Chalten, further south. I'll not be able to get across the scenic views in writing, here are just a very few i got up with such slow connections here in s.argentina, so i'll let the photos tell some of the story. Better ones to follow soon. (see below)

We done a 20km trek yesterday up to Mount Fitz Roy. Its in the Patagonia region, so i'm so utterly bollixed at the mo. Was quite a tough challenge for both Barry and myself, but the view at the peak was out of this world. Was mainly a mountainous uphill struggle, which made it even harder. Not sure of the temperatures at the top, but believe me it was "Es Mucho Frio" -
Very coooold!!!



Right, me outa here, time to recuperate. Yawnnnn!

Oh, as you can see in the middle photo, that collapsed right in front of our eyes. Amazing!

2 Comments:

Davey said...

Hey Darren,

I know Claire Connaghan and worked with her in ESB. Her friend, Amanda Cooper told me about your blog.

I'm doing something similar. I've been all over the USA and now i'm in Costa Rica.

My blog is http://ahfeckit.com

I'll add yours to my links and keep and eye on it as I may end up meeting you somewhere along the way!

Take it easy

Davey

Unknown said...

looks Class Mac, keep the blog going. and keep all the places ya stayed at, I can see the Dmac guide book :) next year :)

Pat